Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Module 6 Quiz

Page

Name Ki Beum Kim Date17-03-28 10:32 View4,016 Comment2

Content

Hi Allan!
I just submitted the quiz but I have question!
On #3 We can help our students make the transition from controlled writing exercises to freer writing exercises by:
I answered #3(providing them with a model and supplemental material)  instead of #4(Providing them with a model text and oral prep)  because
on the lecture you said we always need to provide clear instructions but multiple choice #4 wasn't include that answer. That's why I answered #3.
Can you correct them again or if I made a mistake it's okay..
And thank you for your comments on the quiz!

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Ki Beum!

I can't exactly remember what I talked about in the module's video right now, but unfortunately #4 is the correct answer.  When helping students transition to free writing activities, we should always provide clear instructions, a model text and/or do oral prep.  Answer #3 is good, but we didn't really discuss providing students with supplemental material, which is not a bad idea, but not necessary. 

Oh, and don't confuse supplemental material with providing clear instructions.  Supplemental material just means providing "extra" material; it does not mean "provide students with clear instructions".  That is a tricky question though. 

Anyhow, I hope that helps, and thanks for appreciating my comments; I'm always glad to see that some people actually appreciate comments! 

Have a wonderful day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?