Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Midterm test / #3

Page

Name Su Jeong Kim Date17-04-07 04:21 View3,640 Comment4

Content

When I saw the Module 2 regarding using blackboard, espeicially organising the blackboard,  teacher said that  important information like grammar structures and sentences should be put in the centre, and important vocabulary have to put in the margin.

If the  correct answer of below question sentence is  'true', then it can say that  putting the 'important information like grammar structure' in the margin also has to be 'true', but it doesn't make sense as I think .  So, I think the best answer of question is "False'  because of  2 word ' always good idea' and 'important information in the margin'   
  - it is 'always' a good idea to put the main information in the centre of the board, and 'important information' in the margins- 

let me know detail explanation of your opinion. thank you.

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi again Su Jeong Kim,

I'm not exactly sure what question on the midterm test you are referring to.  I vaguely recall the question, but since I don't mark the t/f and multiple choice questions, I cannot really recall the question you are asking about.  I do remember the question being tricky due to its wording however.

Could you please post the entire question here along with the two options?  That way I can get back to you as soon as possible. 

Anyhow, post the question here and I'll be glad to get back to you as soon as I can.  Oh, and have a nice day!

Su Jeong Kim님의 댓글

Su Jeong Kim 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Thanks for your quick reply.
For your recall,  this is to check 'True / False'  question.
If the blw statement is true, I have to check Ture.  ( correct answer was True /  the correct answer I thought was False )
-statement:  It is 'always' a good idea to put the main information in the centre of the board, and 'important information' in the margins.
1) Ture
2) False.

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi again Su Jeong Kim,

Thanks for getting back to me with the actual answer!  Well, let's take a look!

This question is particularly tricky because of the way that it is worded.  "Important information" is a pretty general term, and could mean quite a few things.  Vocabulary, especially important vocabulary, counts as "important information".  "Main information" would most likely be a structure.  When we discussed organizing information on the blackboard we talked about putting structures in the centre of the board, and important vocabulary in the margins.  Basically, "main information" = structure, and "important information" = (very) important vocabulary.  That is why the answer is "true". 

However, all that being said, this question is tricky simply because of the way that it is worded, and you are not the first person taking this course who has had trouble with it.  Maybe I should change it..

Anyhow, I hope that makes sense.  If it doesn't, just get back to me.  Oh and by the way, thank you for being so appreciative!  I do appreciate it!

Have a wonderful day!

Su Jeong Kim님의 댓글

Su Jeong Kim 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Thanks for quick reply and your detail explanation.  I understand that this questions is really tricky.
I just want to make uncertainty more clear.

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors