Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Some questions about the lecture (module 5, general question)

Page

Name Yeojin Jung Date21-08-02 07:42 View1,818 Comment1

Content

Dear professor,
Hello, professor. I learned a lot of things while listening to the lectures and learned a lot about my weaknesses. And I also wanted to learn more. After listening to the lecture or solving the quiz, I have a few questions, so I want to ask you.

Module 5) There was this question in the module 5 quiz. I want to check what the problem was because I got the wrong answer.

visual aids are very useful for all of the following except:
General question) As you have talked about visual learners from time to time, is there any reason why the lecture did not cover the features of visual learners or other kinds of learners? I'd like to know how to teach according to the type of learner, but I was wondering if there was any particular reason you didn't mention it.
I hope this question doesn't sound rude. It's just a question out of academic curiosity.

Thank you.

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Yeojin Jung,

Sorry about my late response, my Mom was in town so I was quite busy showing her around. 

Anyhow, to answer your question I guess there is not one single reason why we did not cover the features of visual learners in detail.  I suppose we thought it would take too long and add too much content, and if we focused on that subject so much, it might detract from other points we wanted to bring up.  In addition to that, while visual aids are very useful, they're not the "end all be all", in that while they can help you out in a lot of different situations, they're not always useful, and sometimes not applicable. 

Oh, and don't worry about being rude, it is totally fine to ask questions! 

Have a great day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?