Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] About quiz of modul 1.

Page

Name Ju hyeon Won Date17-05-01 02:22 View2,943 Comment1

Content

Hi Allan, nice to meet you~!
I have some trouble with understanding that the correct answer of  question number 2 in  'Modul 1 Quiz'  is number 4.
why cannot  'Pattern practice'  be done indivisuaually, in pairs, or in groups?
please give me some more explanations~!^^

Comment list

Allan Scafe님의 댓글

Allan Scafe 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hi Ju Hyeon Won,

This question is tricky because of the way that it is worded.  Pattern practice is like a conversation between two people, like we discussed in class.  So, it works in pairs, and could also work in groups (although pairs would be best since pattern practice usually only has two speakers).  However, while it could be done individually, it does not make much sense for someone to talk to themselves!  If we think back to the pattern practice activity that we discussed where one person asked a question ("what happens if...?") and another answers ("you'll..."), it would be quite strange for the teacher to have students do this individually rather than put them in pairs and have them practice.

So, pattern practice is best done in pairs, or possibly groups, but not individually, because it just wouldn't make much sense.

Well, I hope that helps; if not, just post another message on the Q&A board.  Have a wonderful day!

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A

Questions? Comments?
Chat with our instructors