Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Module 3 translation part

Page

Name Unshin Kyun Date21-12-24 07:02 View2,015 Comment2

Content

Hi,
I want ask something,
In the test question, there is no saying to separate lower and upper case letters in the directions.
If it's very important, then they should have written it down in the directions.
The Korean agency also told me that they couldn't understand the scoring of the test. Could you please elaborate on this?

And is there a Korean teacher? I am asking this because on the test questions, the English to Korean translation was just like copied from Google which was a little absurd when read by a Korean. If there was a Korean, who read my answers, he/she could have read and understood what I have written correctly since Google cannot fully translate the Korean language perfectly.
For the video, I wrote what was mentioned by the teacher but I couldn’t understand why my answers were wrong. If it’s possible, could you please discuss the reasons of my low score and why my answers were wrong, for me to understand the entire test scoring and system. I would like to ask another favor from your office to kindly recheck my papers and scores. Thank you.

안녕하세요. 모듀얼3에 10점만점에 0.5점이라는 충격적인 결과를 받아 멘탈붕괴 직전입니다.. 일단 코멘트에서는 소문자를 썼다고 다 틀리게 채점하신것같은데 , 만약 그 부분이 점수를 좌지우지하는 중요한 사안이었다면 소문자와 대문자를 구분해서 쓰라는 주의사항이 있어야 합니다 . 에이전씨에도 여쭤보니
자신들도 금시초문이고 이해가안간다며 궁금하다고 물어보라고 하시더군요..

두번째는 혹시 한국어 선생님이계신가요?
아님 구글링을 하셔서 정해진 답을 보며 채점을 하시는건지 궁금합니다... 한국인이라면 누구나 이해할수있는 정도의 번역인데 틀리게 채점이 되있더군요
(심지어 비디오에서 선생님이 번역한것 그대로 썻는데 다 틀렸네요..)
모듀어3 다시 체크 부탁드립니다..

아. 그리고 Korean to English(12번문제) 에서 외국인 선생님께서 다른표현으로 쓸수있다라고 알려주것도 틀렸다고 채점했습니다...
확인부탁드립니다

Comment list

Admin님의 댓글

Admin 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hello Unshin Kyun,

If the teacher did not leave any comment, it means it is still being marked so do not worry about it until fully marked.
Some answers are automatically marked when they are completely the same as the correct answers.
However, the teacher goes through all submitted answers including all marked answers.

Please wait for the teacher's comment in order to know your answers are checked by the teacher.
The agency should have known about this issue.
We are so sorry that the Korean agency was not able to help you with this issue.

I hope that this comment soothes your mind.
We wish you wonderful Christmas!

Mason 님의 댓글

Mason 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hello Unshin,

Rest assured, your exam has not been marked yet and that is exactly why you see all those 0's. IF you indeed received a 0 for your entire exam, your instructors would have clearly informed you why. To reassure you, no instructors at GC will use "Google" to mark your answers on the exam. For obvious reasons, markings are going to be taking more time than usual during the holidays, I hope you can understand and patiently wait until the instructors finish marking your exam.

Happy holidays and stay safe! :)

Best regards,

Mason U, CMI-Korean
Business Interpretation and Translation in Korean (BIT-K) Instructor

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and