Glenn College
Q&A

[Online TESOL] Final test - question 18

Page

Name Seung Jun Jeong Date22-02-16 21:56 View2,108 Comment1

Content

I'm writing this in regards to the final test, question 18.

You wrote: This is an interesting summary of a lesson plan, but you wrote a lot of irrelevant information about what a lesson plan is.  Plus, you should have organized your lesson plan more clearly into set stages with stage titles like "introduction:....", "presentation:....", "practice:...", etc.  on the comment section.

Could you give me a few examples of which part went off-topic because I am having trouble finding the information that is irrelevant.
I wrote what I wrote(especially the top half of the entire text) because I thought by explaining each step in detail of what they are and what it needs is creating a detailed lesson plan. To be honest, I not exactly sure what you mean by "detailed". Do you mean to elaborate more on like an example speech or dialogue of what would happen during that situation like "Hello class. Before jumping into today’s lesson, I want to briefly go over and recap what we have learned yesterday. Jason, could you tell me something..."? 

Also, when I write a text inside the quiz box, no matter how many spaces you give in between the text, it just combines everything into one big paragraph. That's what happened previously during my quizzes so I simply wrote it in words such as: 'For the presentation stage, I would say something like.....' or 'Finally, for the production stage, I would add a writing activity....' so I'm not really sure what you mean by I should have been more organized. 

Lastly, I'm still kind of confused about the production stage. All I know till now is that it is a stage where you will let students use the new vocabulary and structures in a free way. Could I simply add writing, listening, reading and etc during the production stage, or are they completely separate things? Could you give me a few examples of what I could do in a production stage? oh.. and it says to write 2-3 pages long lesson plan but could I exceed that? 

Thank you.
Jeong Seung Jun.

Comment list

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs