Glenn College
Q&A

[Business Translation (Advanced - ITT Level 1,2)] Midterm Questions & K to E Homework Error

Page

Name Samuel Waltz Date22-06-16 19:23 View1,777 Comment1

Content

In the midterm, there are 4 questions I do not understand.

They are Q20, Q21, Q22, Q23, and Q24.

I am not given any instructions on what to do, but I assume I am supposed to translate them into Korean.
However, I am noticing that SOME of the sentences(not all of them) are grammatically incorrect too.

Am I supposed to correct the sentences AND translate them too? I do not know the CONTEXT of the sentences either, which makes it harder to translate them.

Please give me instructions on what to do with these sentences in the midterm exam.

Also, I have noticed in most of the homework files for K to E(translating K to E), There are some errors in the Korean sentences. There is a space in some places where there shouldn't be, and some Korean words missing as well, which makes the whole Korean sentence incomplete. This makes it almost impossible to translate them into English, as I am confused about what the sentences are trying to say.

If I am honest, I am getting increasingly disappointed with how the K to E homework was made. Please quickly correct your K to E homework files, as I do not want to make a mistake because of your mistypes while making these homework files.

Comment list

Mason 님의 댓글

Mason 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 Date

Hello Samuel,

Thank you for bringing up your concerns.

The midterm questions you mentioned have "(x)" marks in front to indicate that it is a common English grammar mistake. What you need to do is to write down an expression in English with the correct grammar, just like your assignment you have been working on in this course.

These exam questions are gone over by your instructors in the lecture videos and I honestly do not think you need to be given with "context" to come up with correct answers. I believe I explained why this is the case in the previous question you posted (which I did not see any response from you so I do not know whether you have seen them or not.) Once again, you will not be penalized for obvious mistakes on our end such as typos or grammar issues.

We are very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the content of the course. We appreciate your criticism and we will try our best to update the course materials.

I wish you a wonderful day and good luck with the rest of the course.

Best regards,

Mason U, CMI-Korean
Business Interpretation and Translation in Korean (BIT-K) Instructor

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs