Glenn College
Q&A

Regarding modeul 1 Quiz

Page

Name Min Heo Date15-07-20 03:14 View5,700 Comment0

Content

Professor Allan,

hello, I'm min. I have few questions about the answer for the quiz.
For the question which requires to not choose downsides of group/pair work, I chose 'some student could goof off'.
I can clearly tell that is also a problem that can be caused by doing group/pair work, but three problems you mentioned in the video were noise, students making more mistakes and being not able to control the class.
So I chose the 'goof off' choice. I think you also mentioned students being troublesome and joking around as a problem associated with not being able to control the class. My point is that all the four choices were problems caused by doing a group/pair work so how could I choose correct answer for the question?
Later, when you were talking about how to minimize those problems, you said noise is not big of a deal but you still put it under 'problem' section. From what I've understood, it is a problem but as long as they speak in English, you don't have to worry about it. Namely, it still is a problem. And if the students were talking in Korean and making noise, that would definitely be a problem.

And for question number 2, you said students can do their patter practice in pair/group work. Therefore, I chose 'short writing' as an answer since you didn't mention that in the video.

I am wondering may be you can take my answers as correct.

Comment list

No record.

Entrance Test

Take the Glenn College Online
Entrance Test

Go to Classroom

Access to programs
enrolled students

Registration

Create a user ID and
register for programs

Q/A